[IP] Thanks For Clearing Up The Mystery

If I understand you correctly she is only worried about the membrane not
the tube.  I assumed that the membrane was only there to stick the set to
the body.  The hole in your body is 'filled' by the tube itself, except
that I guess there is an area around the puncture hole that is exposed.  I
haven't had any infections (touch wood) but then I put a sheet of tegaderm
over the top of the puncture so that it isn't exposed.  I cut a hole in the
centre of the tegaderm to allow it to go around the hard plastic part, but
make sure I cover the actual puncture hole.  I think this also stops the
canula from exiting the body which has happened to some people even when
the sticky membrane has remained in place.