Re: [IP] nighttime low

Anne,

Sometimes you can get a second drop in BG several hours after exercise.
This happens as the muscles replenish their glycogen stores.  This could
possibly explain her unexpected drop.

Eric

Eric M. Goodman MSN CPNP
Lisa A. Profetto MSN CPNP
visit our home page @ http://home.earthlink.net/~emgoodman
visit the Virtual PNP @http://home.earthlink.net/~emgoodman/virtualpnp.htm

----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] nighttime low
> Date: Thursday, October 14, 1999 9:01 PM
>
> I had something strange happen to my daughter last night.  She did her
blood
> sugar just before she went to bed and it was 107.  And then 20 minutes
later
> she woke up ( which is suprising because she never wakes up when she is
low -
> so I faithfully get up every night at 2am and check her also)  and she
said
> that she felt low and sure enough she was just 28.  I can't understand
how
> she could drop that fast.  I would have went to bed and not worred at all

> about her till 2am with a # above 100.  So that really scares me now.
How do