[IP] Need testers for Carbohydrate and Insulin Calculator

My two boys got their pumps yesterday.  Prior to that they were on intensive
therapy for about three months.  During this time I have had their schools
performing the carbohydrate counting and insulin shots (now boluses) for the
boys.  In order to make the whole process much easier I wrote a carbohydrate
and insulin calculator.  It that works in all versions of Windows (the
nurses only have Windows 3.1).  It has a small footprint, less than half a
megabyte, and uses very little memory.

Using this program is about as simple as it gets.  Input the total
carbohydrate to be eaten, the blood glucose reading from the meter, and it
displays the amount of insulin to be given.

How does it do this?  Before using the program you must enter a personal
profile for the type of insulin you are using.  The variables include the
type of insulin, your carbohydrate ratio, your target blood glucose level, a
low blood glucose level (for warnings), your insulin correction ratio and
the percentage of insulin used per hour.  Every time you enter an event, it
stores the information about the amount of insulin, carbohydrate, blood
glucose and the time it was given.

With this information the program accounts for insulin for carbohydrate,
insulin for adjusting to the target rate, unused insulin from prior boluses
and unused insulin after accounting for prior carbs eaten and the last blood
glucose reading.  The program displays all of this information as well as
the total amount of insulin to administer.  If you are low and either did
not enter carbohydrate, or did not enter enough carbohydrate to cover your
low, the program displays the amount of carbohydrate to consume to correct
to the target blood glucose and grays out area displaying the amount of
insulin to administer.

Again, let me repeat that using this program is about as simple as it gets.
Input the total carbohydrate to be eaten, the blood glucose reading from the
meter, and it displays the amount of insulin to be given or carbohydrate to
bring your blood glucose up to the target rate.

I have tested and tested this program.  It has been used for a couple of
months.  My intention is to make it available for free on my web site.
Before I do that I would like others to use it and give me feedback.  Please
let me know if you are interested and would like me to send you a copy.  My
only requirement for sending you the program is that I get some feedback
from you on what you like, don't like, what you would like to see added and
ANY inaccuracies.  I feel quite confident about this program but no program
can be tested too much.

If you are interested please write and I will send you a copy.

		- Dan Richardson
		10/14/99 11:51:35 AM
Dan  Richardson	email @ redacted
80 School Street	Voice: (603) 227-9290
Concord NH  03301	Fax:    (603) 227-9291