Re: [IP] First vacation since dx'ed

We took our then 9 year old daughter on a cruise to the carribean a week
after diagnosis.  It was fine.  Now we've been on multiple other vacations
since then (2 years ago) both in warm and cold climates. Just make sure you
keep your insulin at room temp not necessarily cold.  We have one of the
packs that hold two insulin bottles in a blue plastic holder that can be
frozen then all put into an insulated case.
We no longer freeze the blue pack because we've damaged the insulin that way
so now we just leave it room temp andnin the insulated case unless we're
going to be out in the heat alot then we might cool the blue pack in the
refrigerator. Good luck and have fun