Re: [IP] Testing in Public

Do you think that by making a scene that would get the attention that we
would want?  What we really need is to lobby congress with more aggression
but offer the community more quite ways of letting them know what we are
all about.  Case in point, this weekend, we will be holding a Diabetic Care
Fair open to the public.  It has been advertised, with no charge, by many
radio stations and TV stations.  Tuesday, we are having a insulin pump
support group meeting.  A month ago, we were raising money with a JDF walk
while wearing our Pumpers T-Shirts.   Other things that we can do are hold
more fund raisers to get more people involved in coming up with a cure and
care for those who need it.  Both the JDF and ADA are actively lobbying
Congress for more funds.  Miss America has been a very positive role model
for diabetics and pump users. I have worked with both the ADA and the JDF
on many different fund raisers that garnered a lot of good publicity for
our cause. This is what gets things done, not embarrassing those around
you.  Yes, we do need to be more vocal but IMO, it is best to use that
voice to teach others what we are all about in a non offensive way and help
as many people as possible along the way.

The real question is, how have you played a role in getting things changed
for all diabetics?

At 12:21 PM 10/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I agree with you that Diabetics and loved one's need to be more vocal, we
>have been much too polite for years and things have moved too slow!
>Pat Marino

Jeff Fisher