Re: [IP] First vacation since dx'ed

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 16:17
Subject: Re: [IP] First vacation since dx'ed

In a message dated 10/13/99 1:08:32 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
Hi there

Main suggestion -- have a good time!!!! Be sure to take more money than you
think you'll need. And "Small World" is great for a rest.

I've tromped over Disneyland with a 5 y/o grandson (I was on shots -- used
pens) in October and all over Disney World with a 5 y/o granddaughter (on a
pump) in January. I found that Disney has frozen juice pops and fresh fruit
at stands around the parks. I carried some peanut butter crackers, glucose
tabs and Lifesavers with me, but that was about it.

About keeping the insulin cool, I don't believe the weather in Orlando will
be that hot in December. It was *perfect* in early January. But, to address
your concerns -- I'll bet the hotel will keep the ice packs frozen for you.
An alternative would be to take a small Thermos bottle, fill it with ice and
water for a bit to chill it, pour that out, wrap your insulin in a napkin or
washcloth and put it in the Thermos. Thermoses hold cold as well as they do
heat. :-)

I also rented a stoller for my 5-year-olds. They didn't stay in it much, but
it was handy for when they got tired. It was even handier, however, for
holding all my paraphernalia so I didn't have to lug backpacks and purchases
all over the parks.
LOL

Please tell Mickey I said "hello." He's my mouse!

Jan

WHEN YOU GUYS ARE PLANNING TO COME OVER AGAIN?
I AM HERE CLOSER TO THE MOUSE, ALWAYS, AND I WOULD
LIKE TO MEET THE INSULIN PUMPERS LIKE ME - HOW ABOUT
A MEETING AT DISNEY INSTITUTE SPONSORED BY MINIMED?
Jose