[IP] Flu shots urged (my public service announcement)

Saw this on MSNBC this morning and thought good idea to post (I don't make up
the news, I only sometimes report it..)

        ALTHOUGH BOTH shots are free for people 65 and older under Medicare,
one-third of such patients don’t get regular flu shots, and 55 percent have
never had a pneumonia vaccine, a new study shows.
       Who should get the shots? The elderly as well as anyone with a health
condition such as asthma or diabetes that makes them especially vulnerable to
       But last year only 68 percent of white Americans, 58 percent of
Hispanics and 50 percent of African Americans got flu shots. One problem:
doctors are not aggressive enough.
       “We’re asking physicians and health care providers to take on a
responsibility of encouraging their patients to get flu and pneumonia shots,”
says Dr. David Satcher, the U.S. surgeon general. “Another problem is that
some people fear the vaccine — often because of false information.”

 This message sent to you from the desk of
  Yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman's computer.

The contents of this message have never been read, none-the-less
checked for validity, truth or political correctness.

All correspondence about this letter should be sent to the author's
mommy who will scold him if need be