On 13 Oct 99, at 20:07, jeff wrote:

> are correct, we don't want to offend anyone and we should be discreet.
> When someone is already on the defense from being offended or even worse,
> gets sick because of your actions, you have lost every chance to turn it
> into a learning experience for the non diabetic.

	IF We are Discrete, How Do they Learn?

 We must be considerate,
> this is a body fluid and there is a stigma right now with all of the blood
> pathogens.

	More considerate than we Have To Be because of AIDs?  You
see there is great conflict here.  We are being asked (no, told by
some) to take a back seat on our quest for a Cure.  Why don't We
get the funds???    We are millions and only a few thousands get
so much more.  How Did they get it?   They "ACTED UP"  They
offended and they disgusted and they confronted and upset many.
But we are to be "discrete"?  It is time for Confrontation.  I have
lived with the promise for a Cure for decades, I thank God for that.
Many, many, many of my diabetic comrades have not been as
lucky as I.   I say that the "Decade for the Cure" is thirty years
past due.  Give us our Research Funds NOW!  Write Congress!

George Lovelace