Re: [IP] Silhouette complaint

Bob Burnett wrote:
> MiniMed filed a 510(k) back in July 99 for a "Quick Serter Infusion Set
> Inserter System Model 395". According to the documentation, it's
> "specifically designed for use with the Maersk Medical A/S Contour Infusion
> Sets. The device is contraindicated for use with other infusion sets."
> I've heard nothing further on this, nor have I heard anything about the
> "Contour" infusion sets.
> I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about this. Perhaps MM is waiting
> for the excitement of the 508 to subside a bit before they announce this.

I dunno, but at the meeting tonight, as I was scooping the MiniMed rep
on all his big news, (he was bug-eyed at how much I knew), he asked if I
knew about any new sets, and I said no -- which says to me that they ARE
working on it, but as to when it comes out, your guess is as good as

It was freaky -- he was unaware that some of us got to try the Micros
ahead of release, and he was surprised that we already know about the
508, since it only officially came out on Monday; he seemed upset that
the grapevine moves SO fast.

I'm beginning to think that I could get a job at MiniMed and be their
shining star!!!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted