Re: [IP] flying and pump removal

I've flown frequently while wearing my pumps over the past 3+ years (used
to wear a MM 506, now wear a Disetronic H-TronPlus V100). I've never had
any problems, nor have I heard / read anywhere that it's recommended to
remove the pump while flying. I know of no one who removes their pump for
air travel. In fact, having a pump makes air travel so much nicer, in my

For Disetronic users, you want to make sure you remove the "tappet" from
the top of the adapter prior to flying, so the pressure equalization holes
are not plugged. I can't think of why you'd fly with the tappet in place
anyway, unless you went immediately from the hotel pool to the airport <g>

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted