IMO, that would not be the best thing.  Sort of like if a person has a
colostomy bag and was changing it during dinner at a public
restaurant.  Some would become offended (and I am one of them) others would
see it as doing something necessary.  Some people truly grow ill at the
site of blood/needles.  Why offend them with the reasoning that you are
promoting diabetes care? You won't be helping the 'cause' but hurting it.
Megan, you are correct, we don't want to offend anyone and we should be
discreet.  When someone is already on the defense from being offended or
even worse, gets sick because of your actions, you have lost every chance
to turn it into a learning experience for the non diabetic.  We must be
considerate, this is a body fluid and there is a stigma right now with all
of the blood pathogens.