Re: [IP] Silhouette complaint

At 12:32 PM 10/13/1999  Natalie A. Sera wrote:
>I realized that what I don't like about Silhouettes is that the hole
>where the cannula goes into your skin is wide open to the air and water
>-- the cannula goes through a hole in the plastic and straight into your
>It seems to me that this is just a free ticket to infection -- and I
>have had a couple of little infections with the Silhouettes, but none
>with the SofSets.

I've wondered about that myself. Even though mine is sitting on top of an
IV3000, there is still a straight shot for those little bugs to get in.
However, I can't say that I've ever had an infection because of it after
almost 16 months of using them. I pay a lot of attention to cleaning the
site pretty well when I install a new set... I don't know if that prevents
subsequent infection or not.

I'd be interested in what you find out.