Re: [IP] BE LOUD, BE PROUD...TEST IN PUBLIC

In a message dated 10/13/99 3:00:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I think we all need to let people around us know that this is a medical
 need - not a novelty - how many people have asked if they could test
 themselves using your supplies and meter?  >>

Right on Nancy!!  Two out of the three friends that I lost because of testing
in public had asked me to test their blood before......For some strange
reason, they saw themselves as "Miss Manners's handmaidens and saw it as
thier responsibility to determine what was socially acceptable behavior at
the restaurant table.   I thought these women were friends....had known them
for 25 years but when I started MDI with frequent testing, they just didnt
approve.  To hell with them!

Pat