[IP] Testing in Public

George wrote:

I'm curious about the reactions people get when they test in public.  I'm
aware of the brouhaha in Dear Abby's (or was it Ann Landers?) column but
any personal experiences with it?  To me, my FastTake meter is so cute,
fast, and small that I can't imagine anyone would find it offensive but I
wonder if in our AIDS-colored society the sight of blood might not be a
cultural taboo.  Any opinions?

T1, 29 yrs, not pumping yet but hoping