Re: [[IP] HIV and AIDS]

nancy <email @ redacted> wrote:

Sorry, AIDS is the result of HIV.  Other diseases which cause decreases
in the number of white blood cells have their own name and
classification.  I am a research scientist and HIV is my area of
expertise.  I have never seen the term AIDS used to refer to anything
but the pathogenic result of HIV.

        Thanks for clearing this up! I am no expert on this subject by any
means, but I definetely didn't think Aids/Hiv was caused by anything but the
Aids/Hiv virus! Sometimes people are too quick to print info which is not at
all true. Denise