Re: [IP] It's here and I'm petrified!

We use the Silhouettes with Lauren (age 8).  She is too slim to use the
Sof-Sets.  We haven't tried the new Sof-Set Micros yet.  The Silhouette
inserter needle looks very intimidating, but you'll get adept at doing the
insertions very quickly.  We also use a numbing cream called ELA-Max.  It
works like EMLA cream, but is supposed to work faster and in theory with less
irritation.  We haven't tried EMLA cream so I can't make a personal
comparison.  By starting right off using a numbing cream Lauren has no fear
of having the insertion done.  I would definitely recommend getting some
before you start pumping.  By the way, we tried the ice-cube numbing
technique once and the insertion was very uncomfortable for Lauren.  We're
sticking with the cream.  For us it's worth the extra time it takes.