Re: [IP] It's here and I'm petrified!

>  The softset needle looks so long!!!  I
> didn't think it was a needle!?? Is it??!! I need to get this all out
> before I see my daughter later.  I don't want her to sense my
> hestitation.  I already warned my husband as to what to expect.  She
> is only 6 and for her sake I will get over this.
The sofset is likely not appropriate for your daughter unless she is
pretty chubby. I have not seen the sofset-micro. Many kids use the
Silohette aka Tender aka Comfort set. Those are about 1.5 inches long
and more intimidating. All those sets have an introducer needle which
is removed after the set is in place.

For a 6 year old you should use EMLA cream. It is a topical
anesthetic that is applied 30 - 45 minutes before the insertion and
makes the site go to sleep. Get a prescription from your endo or
pediatrician. There are sets from Disetronic that work well with
small kids -- specifically the 6mm rapids. Unfortunately, i don't
believe they are yet available with a quick disconnect. Again, I've
not seen the new SofSet  Micro which may have addressed these issues
with small people. Call MM immediately and get some samples of both
the micro and the silohette. Might be worth calling D and getting
some "rapid" samples as well.

>  She won't be going
> on it until mid-Nov so I guess we have time to get accustomed to it,
> although I'm sure time will fly.  Just had to get this off my chest.
>  I'm at work and no one here can relate.  T

Laura will do fine.