[IP] Motivation?

Today I had a medical professional ask me what motivates me to be so
conscientious about my pump and all that goes along with it such as testing
and carb counting.  I don't want to influence your response by stating what
motivates me, but if you would be kind enough to e-mail me (privately if you
would like) I would really appreciate your input.  Men are, of course,
welcome to respond, but this person was mainly asking about women in the
30-50 age range who suddenly "forget" all the rules after they begin pumping.
 To those of you who test 6-8 (or more) times per day, count carbs
faithfully, and maintain fairly consistent control since going on your pump,
what is your motivation?

Thanks to any and all who choose to reply!

Lois