[IP] Straight to the pump?!

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 "Natalie A. Sera" <email @ redacted> or one of her ducks
Subject: Re: [IP] Straight to the pump?!

>Greg Felton wrote:
>>     If someone out there has skipped the multiple daily injections
>> step, I am jealous (I think I am in the 30,000 club here or something
>> like that after 24 years of T1) but also a little worried. I think you
>> should have to go old school MDI for at least a year before the pump!
>> For that matter, go back to Clinitest tablet tests before you can use
>> a Lifescan meter.
>> Damn you young kids!
>> Greg
>> (age 29, T1 for 24)

>I never had to use Clinitest tablets, and didn't even have to use the
>wipe meters for all that long. Never had to sharpen a needle or
>sterilize a syringe. And didn't have to give up sugar for very long,

>AND old enough to be your mother!!!!! You whippersnapper!!!

>._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c- ._c-

>Natalie A. Sera, with all her ducks in a row!

Greg and Natlie:

I'm just 40, have had diabetes 38 years and been pumping almost 20!

I remember as a young kid having to sterilize needles by boiling them (we used
'em for a week before they went to the circular file).  I don't remember how
they were but I remember relief when the throw-aways came out.

I remember clinitest well.  We even had songs about it (First you feel rocky,
then you feel shocky.  That's the way it goes with the sugar blues)

I remember the first glucose testing: metal lancets and read via the eyes!!

Boy you kids.......

(And I know there are older than me on this list as well....)

yerachmiel altman

 This message sent to you from the desk of
  Yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman's computer.

The contents of this message have never been read, none-the-less
checked for validity, truth or political correctness.

All correspondence about this letter should be sent to the author's
mommy who will scold him if need be