[IP] It's here and I'm petrified!

I just opened my Minimed package containing my daughters 508 pump!  It looks
very intimidating.  The softset needle looks so long!!!  I didn't think it
was a needle!?? Is it??!! I need to get this all out before I see my
daughter later.  I don't want her to sense my hestitation.  I already warned
my husband as to what to expect.  She is only 6 and for her sake I will get
over this.  But I have so many fears right now.  The pump inself is larger
than I anticipated and/or remember it to be.  Maybe because I saw it on
adults and teens.  Holding it in my hand, it appears large.  She won't be
going on it until mid-Nov so I guess we have time to get accustomed to it,
although I'm sure time will fly.  Just had to get this off my chest.  I'm at
work and no one here can relate.  Thanks.

Laura Lentini-Iaffaldano
Mother of Laura, age 6, dx 12/21/98