Re: [IP] 20/20 show

On 12 Oct 99, at 13:34, Brian Carter wrote:

> I have to admit  for how large the Diabetic community is  Most diabetics
> are VERY "low toned" on the subject.  They don't want to speak up or make
> a wave.

> This is what I think We all need
> to shout about.   DIABETES and AIDS both KILL   but diabetes KILLS  MANY
> MANY more than AIDS

> REMEMBER 1 diabetic Yelling is louder than 1000 Diabetics that don't
> yell..  Raise awareness and lets fight for what we deserve!!!

When I posted similar facts to my newspaper, I got ripped by an
AIDs activist who told me "better that Diabetes activist learn from
the AIDs community about how to effectively appeal" for funds.
Straight Truth there, the AIDs group got Political Power with their
ACT UP campaign.  Now it is our turn. Sara said "BE LOUD, BE
PROUD, BE BUMPY". Time for us to ACT UP!   TEST IN PUBLIC,
if showing just one person what it is like to be diabetic, it is one
more voice that we have for a Cure!  No longer will I be Silent!

George

important is happening -- don't worry.' So, when something
important IS going on, silence is a lie."
-A.M. Rosental