[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #553

I don't know if it's recommended or not, but I am using them and am
having no
problems.  I cannot use D's version of the softset because it's a metal
needle and
I am allergic to the metal.  Until D comes out with some teflon rapids I
shall use
the MM softset.  Hope this helps.

Fran

Hi Everyone!  Just for your future info, Disetronic manufactures a
"Soft-Set" called the "Comfort-Q" Ref: 429000 which is identical to the
Soft-Set with the exception of the disconnect feature.  In fact, I
believe both the MM and D sets are manufactured by the same company.
The MiniMed Soft-Set I am referring to is not the newest one which I
believe IS manufactured by MiniMed and has the disconnect feature.  The
definition on the Comfort-Q package reads:  "23 Ga. x 3/8 in. Catheter
over 26 Ga. introducer needle with 42 in. (106cm) coextruded PE/PVC
microbore tubing with female luer lock adapter."
Hope this is helpful for all of you.  TC, Fran : )
begin:vcard
n:Kiger;Fran
tel;pager:800/915-3698 VM 401
tel;fax:336/463-4474