Re: [IP] 20/20 show

At 01:25 PM 10/12/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Although I agree that we need more federal money spent on >diabetes, I
found your comments on AIDS to be bitter and >mean.  Would it be right of
someone without diabetes to say, >"If a diabetic is having complications,
it's their own fault >and I have no pity for them!

So far the preponderant class in people with AIDS are male homosexuals.
There is an absolutely guaranteed way to avoid catching AIDS in a sex act.
---  Don't exchange body fluids!  Is that a hard concept?  Why are people
being infected by the droves?  Why is the research budget getting
flattened?  Why isn't Diabetes high in the research funding hierarchy?

Because there isn't enough money to fund it all and Diabetics seem less
politically powerful.

Bob Blakely