Re: [IP] Low in the night -- for parents

I read your post yesterday about Lilly.

 Can you guess what might have happened to us last night?

 Eve was 104 at bedtime snack, had her snack and bolused for in. Cindy (our
foreign exchange student) brought some Marzipan Kartoffeln candy (very
sweet) from Germany, so we all tried it, including Eve. After reading your
post we decided not to bolus for it (we had one of those funny feelings of
Eve going low).  My husband checked Eve at 11 p.m. and she was high (212),
we normally would have bolused her down, (she was a couch potato all night),
again decided not to bolus her. Plus, we didn't use the increased temp basal
from 9 to midnight (we're talking 4 units we didn't give her last night). We
also had pizza for supper that she forgot to bolus extra for (square wave
another 2 units).

Eve woke up perfect this morning. I guess, maybe all the excitement of
having a guest in the house may have caused her not to need the extra
insulin. Your post helped us last night.

Thanks again,

Deborah mom to Eve 12
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99