Re: [IP] pizza for dinner tonight

 But hours later, it's over 200 - so how do I compensate?  I
> don't eat pizza until my Mother shows up.  She LOVES it and can't
> eat it at home, due to my father's restricted diet.  So I eat it
> rarely.  And always disaster strikes!

You must experiment and keep good records. The timing and duration of
your high "hours later" and the insulin needed to cover the high are
a good indication of the basal and bolus insulin you will need for
the specific amount of pizza (or chinese) consumed. Trial and error
does work!