Re: [IP] Low in the night -- for parents

In a message dated 10/11/99 2:36:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< What was different is that she played a very hard game of soccer
 earlier in the day. I dont' know if dinner bolus was off, but
 certainly the combination of the two things created the problem. >>

  Stephen went to bed at 120 last night.  He woke up at 8am at 253, which I
thought was strange, because I had just lowered his overnight basals on
Friday knowing he was going to have an active weekend.  He played 4 soccer
games in a tournament this weekend, along with refereeing 5 games (linesman).
 He bolused 1 unit for the high (1 drops him about 100) and bolused normally
for a regular breakfast.  He spent the rest of the morning testing and eating
because he was in the 50's at 9, 10:15 and 11:30.  His number is finally
leveling off.  I suspect that he went low overnight and that was why he was
253 this morning.  But the fact that the exercise affected his numbers so
much the next day still surprised me.