Re: [IP] Just a few thoughts

Dear Fran,

Just had to let you know that your mixed feelings are common and perfectly
understandable.  My 5-yr-old son, Jack, started pumping on 8/10/99.  I was so
happy that he was going to get the best treatment available, yet I felt
exactly the way you do about having this machine attached to his perfect
little body.  However, within about 48 hours of pumping that feeling went
almost completely away.  Even I couldn't imagine the joy of not inflicting
pain on my child 4-5 times a day.  All of us were so relieved and thrilled.
The pump brought back a normalcy to life that we hadn't had since Jack was 19
months old!!!  The food wars ended, we were no longer bound by the clock, and
we could all sleep in.  Absolute heaven!  So, now when I see him get ready to
take a shower and I see that pump attached to his rear end, I may have a
small pang for the "old" days, but the benefits have FAR outweighed any
downside.  Imagine, Jack recently went for 5 whole days with  blood sugars in
the 80-160 range.  Unheard of on shots!  He's happier, feels better, etc.
etc.  Don't worry, your pump blues won't last long!