Re: [IP] Just a few thoughts (very long)

email @ redacted wrote:
"The pump is not a panacea and it's still diabetes."

"Parenting a child with diabetes is beyond difficult on a daily basis."

These two statements really sum it all up - now I know why I love and
admire Ellen so much.

Good luck, Fran.  My own 13 year old started pumping in July - after 8
years of MDI.  I, too, worried about him being attached to a machine 24
hours a day.  His BG average has come down ALMOST 50 POINTS since he
started pumping on 7/6/99.  He is much more independent than he was on
injections.  I think he feels better (he won't commit to that, you know
what it's like being 13).

Best of luck with your son and the pump.

mom of Steven, age 13