Re: [IP] priming

In a message dated 10/10/99 11:10:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< < daughter just switched to the shorter tubing.  When she was priming she
 set it the same as the longer tubing - and had a serious low a few hours
   Coincidence? >>
 Geez Loueez!  I hope KL you don't prime while the needle is in.  Big
  That is what your post implies.  If you are priming correctly you will only
 waste some insulin, but not that much.  I just prime until I see the drop
 come out of the sil/tender.   >>
I figured she meant the 1/2 to 1 unit prime (depending on set) after
connecting, not the prime you do manually to fill the tubing.  If this is the
case, then the length of tubing has nothing to do with the prime, since all
you are doing is filling the canula.  I think the low was coincidental to the
set change.