Re: [IP] 508 hype

From what I understand from MiniMed's Web-site, the remote is intended for use when the pump would be hard to access.  Such as, having it strapped to the inside of your leg, in a belt on your back, etc. etc.  I thought the remote sounded like a great idea.
Kim S.
Erika's mom, 20 y/o w/cystic fibrosis, diabetes, asthma, and epilepsy. And soon to be pumping!
email @ redacted
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Felton <email @ redacted>
To: Pump List (post) <email @ redacted>
Date: Sunday, October 10, 1999 2:03 AM
Subject: [IP] 508 hype

Big deal. I have read the posts for a week now, and can still not figure out why in the hell anyone would want to use a remote control to program a device that is attached to you 24-7.
    I have several suggestions for new models at MiniMed, and a garage door opener for my pump certainly wasn't one of them. Let's start with the too-sensitive SEL button, the breakable-yet-tough-to-use clip that attaches to the wrong end, the lack of a "BACK" or "CANCEL" button, etc.
Anyone in Sylmar listening?