Re: [IP] Just a few thoughts

   Sending you some cyber {{HUGS}}} here & I'll give you a few more in person
when we moms meet for lunch at the mall Tuesday!!!
   Your comments are very reminiscent of what my husband was feeling before
Melissa went on her pump - i.e. that it would be a constant reminder & she'd
never get "beyond" being "diabetic", instead of being just Melissa. As for
me, I was probably too shell-shocked to think- period!! I remember her first
set change taking the 2 of us 45 minutes to figure out & now she does them
alone in less than 2 minutes.
     So 2 quick thoughts to add to your few ( since I was way too wordy
yesterday - right IPers???)
     a) almost all of the parents of kids on pumps have commented on the
remarkably positive change in their child's personna post-pump, because none
of us gave enough credence to how those high bgs were adversely affecting
their actions & attitudes
     b) if each one of us contributes in some way to the efforts to raise
awareness, raise $$$, etc. then the day when we can "remember when..." will
arrive sooner than later.
     By the way, it was thanks to YOUR insistence at the Phila. Walk to Cure
Diabetes committee meetings that our first-ever website was established,
resulting in over 1000 "hits" and at least 700 on-line registrants for the
WALK. Just one more shining example of how even ONE person CAN "make a

Regards, Renee ( pump mom for 3 1/2 years)