[IP] BG Meters and their respective software Question

I have been using the Glucometer Elite XL (which I love) and their software
and cable to import my meter readings into my PC.  My Doctor is a real
stickler for the details, and it makes it so much easier.  Now, my insurance
has changed their mail order pharmacy, and they sent me a new Precision QID
meter, and naturally from now on, that is the brand of strips I will be
getting.  Has anyone used the software for this meter? (the Precision QID)
As far as I can tell, the meter does not have a clock or time feature to
stamp the readings.  How could this information be helpful to show trends or
trouble spots with no time stamp?
I'm ready to bite the cost of strips to stay with my Glucometer, or maybe
find software that will work with both...  but the time stamp thing really
bothers me.
Any ideas or suggestions?

David  Type 1  LADA  (who LOVES his MiniMed 507c Insulin Pump!)
(LADA  ==>  http://www.cde.com/diabetes.world/lada.htm )