[IP] How long?

I started pumping insulin on Wednesday and am still having some high blood
sugars, when it seems that everything should be fine.  I feel really
confident about the carb counting and corrections, but I am still having some
"out-of-the-blue" highs.  My doctor changed the basal rate again today (third
time in four days)--what I'm wondering is, how long it took everyone to
become "stable" and have their basals figured out.  Should I be having
completely normal blood sugars by now?

Thanks, Kristin

P.S.  Did check my infusion site and replaced it this morning after one
unexplained high--it was a little painful when I put it in this morning so
after the high I decided to change it.  Also ran a bolus through to make sure
insulin was coming out, and it was.