Re: [IP] Glucowatch question

I participated in three studies for the glucowatch. I would not buy one.
They stick to your arm with a gel pad on the back and you can't get them
wet. Then trying to take them off they can tear the skin in some
individuals. They take three hours to calabrate everytime you put a new
sensor on. When you take the watch off, there can be little blisters that
break open, scab up and take over a week to heal. These are from the "zaps"
you get from the iontophoresis process to test the glucose through the skin.
They can skip readings for many reasons especially if you sweat alot. While
they read your bg every 20 minutes, that's the only advantage I see so far.
When it is taking a reading you feel a little tingling and sometimes it
itches alot and you can't scratch it. It could be good for people who don't
like to pick their fingers. There are only about 8 spots you can put it on
your forearms and you have to change the site everytime you put the watch
on. You can't have hairy arms or you have to shave the site. Too many
negatives for me.--Wendy in AZ