[IP] "Old" and "New" HbA1c

>What are these.  Our endo quoted us our daughters "new number" and "old"
number.  Her "new" was 9.5 and her "old" was 6.2.  Now her last HA1c was 5.5
(June) and the one before that 9.8(Feb).  Are there two different scales?

The difference in your HbA1cs may be due to the testing method used.  My
son's former endo used the capillary method and his last A1c there in June
was 7.8.  At his new endo's office three weeks later it was done with a
venous sample and it was 9.2.  When I asked the doctor about the discrepancy,
she told me that the capillary method (although much faster) was not as
accurate because it is diluted.   She doesn't use the capillary method at
all.  I still got the results within two hours.