Re: [IP] Re: another question about possible diabetic friend

In a message dated 10/8/99 8:57:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Diabetes doesn't "suddenly" appear. It takes the beta cells a long
 time to get killed off.  >>
  I think "suddenly" is a relative term.  After all, babies are diagnosed and
they haven't had years for the beta cells to get killed off. I have to think
for some people it takes months, other people weeks, other people years.
Does anyone know for sure?