Yes you can do that. I would exchange if I could. But don't wait. I called
about that same thing but I have had my mine too long..(6months now) Call
and they will explain all of that to you. I wish I could exchange mine but
they said I have to wait until the warrenty on mine is up..
Oh well- I wish they would have told me a new model was soon to be available.
PS Let us know what you find out!