[IP] Another view of funding -- ADA

I'll echo both Natalie and Kelly.  While I'm glad that there are
positive branches of JDF, I've only experienced the extremely negative.
And yes, I'm one of those for whom the prospect of a cure is dismal.
When I lived in Minnesota, I was an avid ADA supporter.  It is a GREAT
organization, the Cities chapter is active and does an excellent job of
educating and informing.  Unfortunately, not all ADA chapters are
created equal either.  I'm home again, just four hours west, and the
local (SD) chapter is head quartered out of Des Moines now.  It
resembles Kelly's negative JDF experience.  Relatively worthless.  I
still hold on to my ADA membership because of the old positive
experiences, the assistance national gave us (SD) in getting the law
passed for funding of supplies and education, and what is sometimes a
good web site.

Perhaps we should all remember that the positives we do each day truly
are retained, and work to be the support (like that given by Kelly to
the newly diagnosed) in another's life.
Take care,