Re: [IP] Velosulin/ Humalog mix

< What about a Velosulin/Humalog mix?>

Velosulin is a buffered regular insulin that is manufactured by Novo Nordisk.
 I think
(but don't hold me to this) that it may be called Novolin BR now.

To be honest, I do not understand why anyone would want to mix Humalog and
Velosulin.  They have two distinct timing profiles.  Humalog peaks in about
hour while Velosulin peaks in about 2-3 hours.  Mixing these two insulins
create all kinds of havoc when timing is concerned.  Velosulin is buffered so
that allows it to go through the tubing a little easier but it does take
longer to 'peak' which
to me would be a disadvantage especially if you were on a pump.

However some people can't tolerate Humalog so Velosulin may be the best
choice but I see no advantage to mixing these insulins when you are on a pump.

David G.
Type 1--23 years
pumping 7 years