Re:[IP] Large Insulin Reduction

"David L. Dougherty" <email @ redacted>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 19:42:47 -0400
>Here is the amazing thing to me: since I have started the diet
>my insulin requirements have dropped from 120-140 units per day
>to about 60! My insulin/carb ratio has gone from 1 unit per
>2.5 grams of carbs to 1 unit to 10 grams of carbs.
>Is it possible for the changes I have made to make that much
>difference in insulin requirements?
Certainly is possible,
The more so because you as type 2 are supposedly producing
"some" of your own (endogenous), in contrast to the total
supply coming from outside (exogenous) for most of the users
here (type 1).
Even a type 1's insulin-administration requirements are
affected by the "qualities" of his diet, witness the
endless discussion of "pizza" and other "square-wave
occasions" we have here.
But DLD, your requirement for exogenous insulin administration
by being less than your total insulin usage, can show
even greater percentage changes than the change of total
requirement, because you cannot "see" the amount of your
internal production.
So keep at it, its working for you now!
Pumping your exogenous insulin will be even better than this!

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA