[IP] Large Insulin Reduction

I have had the most amazing thing happen to me and would like some input. I
am attempting to lose weight gradually. I have cut my calories just enough
to lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I started at 275 (6' 2" tall) so you can see
that I haven't lost that much weight percentage wise. I made two other
changes: I have cut my meat consumption to about 4 ounces per day, and I
have cut back on fat in the diet. Here is the amazing thing to me: since I
have started the diet my insulin requirements have dropped from 120-140
units per day to about 60! My insulin/carb ratio has gone from 1 unit per
2.5 grams of carbs to 1 unit to 10 grams of carbs. Is it possible for the
changes I have made to make that much difference in insulin requirements? I
have heard that too much meat/fat can increase insulin resistance. This is
the only thing I have read that would tend to explain what has happened. I
am eating more carbs than I did but less meat and fat. Has anyone else
experienced this sort of thing?

David Dougherty
Soon to be pumping  (6 weeks or less I hope)