Re: [IP] Two Questions, serious and curious

>  Which leads me to my next question:  the other day at school a
>  (sort of)
> friend of mine was curious about my bg meter and wanted to try it,
> so I changed the lancet and let her.  She had not eaten anything
> since dinner the night before, but her blood sugar came back at 156!
>  She did say she had been sick.  Did I "accidentally" discover a
> potential case of diabetes?????

That is possible, but I know of at least one or two of Lily's friends
that have tested around 150 once and never again. There are a number
of possible explanations including the most obvious.
un-dx'd diabetes
dirty fingers -- i.e. sugar, etc...
metabolic perterbation that causes the liver to dump glucose
and many more I'm sure.

If she repeatedly tests high, she should see a physician.