Re: [IP] More Insurance Nonsense !

Hi, I had the same problem with BC/BS over syringes and infusion sets for my
MM pump.

What finally after a lot of persistence was to get the matter referred to
their medical review committee.

I photocopied the parts of the MM manual that demonstrated that the MM
syringes and infusion sets were the only ones that would work in the pump (I
didn't mention D infusion sets because the cost was the same)

>From the Insurance companies perspective, I was submitting claims for
syringes that were 30 to 40 times the cost of what they considered a
suitable insulin syringe.

On the one hand, I am pleased that they are monitoring costs.  On the other
hand I think that their information systems could more robust.

I think the quicker you get a medical review the sooner you will get
satisfactory results.

The customer service generally do not have the authority to make these
decisions. I know it can be a pain to deal with all this "bureaucracy".  I
for one am grateful that I have insurance.

   (_)/  (_)