Re: [IP] Diabetes support group meeting ideas?

I would really frown on having it at the hospital.  People go to the
hospital when they are sick, what you are trying to do is promote a healthy
pumping life style.  We tried it and got no response what so ever but when
we started having it built around dinners (everyone pays their own meals),
we got really great response.  Don't have too many meetings, you don't want
to burn your people out and keep it fun.
We also didn't want to exclude anyone by having just one of the two pump
manufactures do all of the supporting.  A example of this is on our
T-shirts, MiniMed and Disetronic are on the same line, same size.  Last
year we had one of the companies complaining about the other company being
over them!
We are also an independent group but since the whole thing was started by
my wife who is a CDE at a local hospital, they have helped out.
Getting people to speak has been pretty easy but that is mostly due to my
wife's contacts.  So far, we have had endo docs, diabetic dietitian and
pump trainers/pharmacists speaking on various topics all non pump brand
specific but informative to all.
The best thing you can do is keep it fun.

Jeff Fisher