[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #537

Holly,
When I switched to U, it was about 2/3 the value of the NPH I had been
taking.
I also suggest taking UL at bedtime - It winds down between 20-24 hours - so
if the
wind down time is in between dinner and bedtime, it's no problem.  On the
other
hand, if the wind down time is between 4 am and bedtime, it presents
problems with
high morning sugars.  Stopping the Rollercoaster is the Pumping
Insulin type book (same author) for figuring out UL/poor man's pump.  It is
excellent - I highly recommend seeking out this book.  Be conservative in
your
initial UL estimate - if you overdo it you'll be chasing lows for TWENTY
FOUR
hours!!!

Susan