[IP] More Insurance Nonsense !

Hello everyone,

A pumper friend recommended I get some Humalog Pens for those, 'Little
Emergencies', so I called my Endo and got a presciption phoned in to the
pharmacy - so far so good.

I went to the pharmacy last evening and got 10 pens, yes 10! and covered
100%, but... guess what, the special needles that go with the pen are not
covered, not even with a large co-pay.

I called Cigna today and was told, "yes that's correct, because they cost
more than syringes". I tried to explain that they had already paid for the
pens and that I couldn't use them without the needles - no luck there, the
voice at Cigna just kept repeating the same thing.

I wonder what they imagine a Pen is for and how to use the insluin in them
without the needles?