[IP] the face of diabetes

Ellen wrote:
>  I visualize IDD as "Pizza the Hut". Remember him in Spaceballs.
> He was a take-off on Jabba the Hut from Star Wars.  I wonder if
> others have an interesting picture of IDD.

I get my "picture" of diabetes from a book by the author of A WRINKLE IN
TIME.  There were two sequels which were fascinating.  In one, A WIND AT THE
DOOR, the kids are fighting this horrible blackness, this intangible void
that is slowly spreading across the universe, extinguishing light and hope
and life.  I would imagine that this image partially inspired George Lucas in
his incarnation of the evil empire of STAR WARS, but this is how I see

It starts off far in the distance...has no effect on *me* - I am immune from
its affects.  It is happening over THERE and I am over HERE.  Then, slowly,
imperceptibly, it creeps over my feet and circles my ankles.  If I let it, it
envelopes me, swirling me into the void, sucking me down into a vortex of
blackness...It is a constant struggle..sometimes easy, sometimes not, to keep
myself from being swallowed completely, and, damn, there are days when I feel
like just being pulled in; when drowning would be easier than fighting.

But then....I realize, I enjoy eating ice cream WAYYYY too much and I like
being able to do it, and STILL wake up to a bg of 127....so I summon up the
courage to stomp the black cloud back down into the oblivion it belongs....

most of the time it works...sometimes it doesn't

whose workouts are down to $350.00 each

I wish I could give it a face, a body, something I could hit, or visualize I
am hitting when I workout...I guess that is why I like weight lifting and the
climber machine...I feel like I am pushing the weight