Re: [IP] Disetronic - out of warranty

An 04 alarm means there is an occlusion. There may not be an occlusion, but
the motor battery (compartment 2) may be low so there is not enough juice to
drive the screw mechanism to deliver the insulin. I had an old bad bunch of
batteries once and this happened to me several times with this bad batch of
memories. What happens is the battery goes low so fast that you do not get
the low battery sign because is already below the threshold level at which
the pump gives the alarm for low battery so you get no low battery alarm. But
as a back up if the pump battery is not strong enough to turn the screw
mechanism you get an occlusion alarm instead.