[IP] Re: Re: Insurance/Pump Upgrade

LOL, the pump takes a licking and keeps on ticking.  It HAS a damaged LCD for
about 2 years, though you can still read it and it works.   The casing has
dings and nicks.  The sportguard failed in a minor way this summer and water
condensation formed in the case...but again it still works.  I don't care how
it looks nor what color it is.  HOWEVER, my endo and I think that the square
wave and dual wave features should help get my A1c lower, and I think the
profiles will help also.  It IS going to die someday,  but I want to "go the
distance" and force the insurers to acknowledge that the advent of humalog
makes for better control for me, but that with these other features I think
that I can do even better.  And that one doesn't have to wait for a piece of
DME to die to replace or update it if better care through newer technology is

Interestingly, my primary, Health Alliance in IL, did NOT buy the one I have
anyway.  And, according to Minimed, they said that if the pump dies I'll just
have to pay for it to be repaired as they don't cover repairs to DME.  My
seconday, United Healthcare, will only cover it if I "outgrow" my DME or my
"condition" changes.  I might be able to do something with some analogies on
this one.

Will keep you posted.