[IP] RE: Diabetes & Down Syndrome

Hello everyone

I hope nobody finds this subject too upsetting, as my intentions are
certainly not to do this.  My husband Kevin is IDDM, using a Minimed 507
and is loving it!!  I have just given birth to a beautiful wee boy named
Jonty.  Unfortunately for Kevin and myself Jonty was born with a cleft
lip, Talipes of the left foot and probably for us, the most unexpected
news of all was that Jonty has the disorder Down Syndrome.  My question
is does anybody know how common it is to have Down Syndrome and
Diabetes??  I have only heard from one lady whose child has both of
these.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. PS: Also, does
anybody know the cost of the new MM 508's??

Lynette (from New Zealand)